What Happened When I Meditated Every Morning for 2 Years
When I first started meditating, I did it because I thought it was something I should do. I was a complete beginner and had no idea what to expect.
After 2 years of practicing meditation every morning, here is what happened: my mind became clearer, my stress levels decreased, and I became more patient and present.
If you’re on the fence about starting a meditation practice, read on for some of the benefits that come with it!
1. What is meditation and why should you do it
Meditation is the practice of focus and concentration. When you meditate, you are training your mind to be present in the moment and not get lost in thoughts about the past or future.
This can be a challenge for most people, but with regular practice, you will start to see the benefits of meditation.
There are many reasons why you should start meditating. Some of the benefits include decreased stress levels, improved mental clarity, and increased patience and focus.
Meditation can also help you to become more aware of your thoughts and emotions, which can lead to better decision-making and a better understanding of yourself.
2. The benefits of meditation
- Decreased stress levels
- Improved mental clarity
- Increased patience and focus
- Greater awareness of thoughts and emotions
- Better decision making
- Understanding of self
- More content and at peace with life’s ups and downs
- Less reactive to challenging situations
3. How to get started with meditation?
If you’re new to meditation, it can be a little daunting to know where to start. Here are a few tips for getting started:
1. Find a quiet place where you can sit or recline in comfort.
2. Sit with your spine straight, but not rigid. You may want to place a cushion under your buttocks if you find it…